Sunday, January 23, 2011

December in a nutshell.

I decided I am really bad at blogging! I feel like nothing I write is really interesting enough so I dont know if its worth it to keep up with it... But I think it is a really good idea to print them out after a year or two and to have little details of Sophie's life because I'm also really bad at writing in a journal! I just dont want to forget little things about Soph as time goes on. So here we go again!
Since I have so many things to catch up on I am just going to skip to the month of December. We had such a fun and busy month of December! Thinking about all the changes we have had from last Christmas to this one is crazy. We now have our fun little Sophie and we have a house. It was so nice for us to be in our house for the holidays after all the years of apartment renting and moving around, and this cold season we have realllly enjoyed our fireplace and hot tub!

We really wanted to do a Christmas card this year to send out to alot of Tylers clients, so we had my sister Ashley take some pictures of us at Sugarhouse park. Here are a few of the best ones...

We had some issues with the lighting because it was really sunny when we took them. So they are either all really bright or had to be in black and white! But they still turned out pretty good.

i love Sophies little body in this one. Good thing it is from behind cause I'm pretty sure she was screaming during this pic.


This was about the only one we could get of Sophie looking at the camera and not tring to grab everything!

One Friday afternoon we went to the mall to go Christmas shopping and some reason it was a day where they gave away alot free stuff. We got really lucky and got a free 25$ gift card to Victorias Secret and a 25$ American Express card to use anywhere! We were pretty happy about it. Sophie loved riding Tylers back around the mall. Pretty much us going shopping means I shop while these two play around. Me and my two little kids I guess.

We made gingerbread houses one night with our friend Mark and his girlfriend Nerissa. She is really cute and they are a fun couple to hang out with! Me and Tyler did a house together and it looked like a 7 year old made it. Somehow there's were perfect! Apparently we lack in the artistic department.

Sophie has mastered sitting. She is nine months and still can't crawl but she can and will sit for hours! haha. She is a little big high maitenance and likes to have everything handed to her. I am not really sure if she will ever crawl. She gets really mad when we make her try because she scoots backwards and gets further and further away from her toys that shes trying to get to. Poor little girl just cant figure out how to go forwards!

After we got home from taking pictures with Ashley I took a bunch of pictures of Soph just sitting in our house and she was so smiley. Of course she wouldnt smile when we really needed her to though! I love that her little ear escaped on this picture. They are just too cute!
i love this face!

Sophies grandpa Kev gave her this cute little fur vest. It is so funny she looks like she belongs in Park City.



I have the best friends in the world! We are all really close and I love them! We all got together (minus a few) for Kaelis baby shower. It was a circus with all the kids but it was so fun to see everyone and all their mini me's. We definitely could not get a picture with EVERYONE looking so this is the best we got!

Tylers brother Ryan and his wife Ali had their baby, Sadie. Her and Sophie are 8 months apart and its her first little cousin on Tylers side. She was such a tiny little thing, Sophie seemed HUGE next to her! We are excited for them to be little friends as they get older.
It was lucky but somehow we got tickets to both the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and the David Archuleta Christmas concert with the Mormon tabernacle choir. We had Tylers brothers and wives over for a dinner and then went to the Christmas thing, but unfortunately didnt get any pictures! The David Archuleta concert was sooo good. He has the best voice! It really got us into the Christmas spirit as well. I am going to try to get us tickets every year for that concert!

For our Christmas vacation it was our turn to go to my Mom's in Rexburg which is always fun (and really cold!) Some reason Sophie was really into making this face alot, so I had to put it up.




Here we are Christmas eve in our new pjs. Sophie was defintely ready for bed. We were trying to keep her up to wait for Emily but then we just had to get on with it!


Christmas Eve dinner. My mom makes the best broccoli and cheese soup in bread bowls! It was so good! We had a musical Christmas program and then even had a visit from Santa Claus himself. Sophie was already in bed by the time Santa came but I'm pretty sure she would've been terrified of him anyways since she is scared of her own shadow.
I put up this picture to show how much hair she has at 8 months old! She is alot like I was when I was a baby . I had barely any hair either, and actually my mom says mine came in even whiter than hers!

My moms friend let us borrow this jumper toy for Sophie to play in. She LOVED it. She went crazy the first night in that thing we thought she might fly right out of it she was jumping so high. It was the cutest thing! I wish I had one of these!

No comments: