Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shower Power

Last weekend Susan and Hannah came to visit when we had the baby shower here in Utah. Tylers Aunt Karen and Ali (my sister in law) threw it for me in the clubhouse where we live. It turned out so cute and I really appreciated all the work that Ali and Karen put into it, and all the family and friends that drove out to it even though most of you got lost!

I got alot of cute clothes, blankets, shoes, onesies, a diaper bag and other fun things for the baby! A few of my favorites were this blanket that Ali made me and the light pink blanket Susan crocheted me! I love the colors on this blanket and the red and white polka dot on the back side. I cant even sew a button onto a shirt so I was pretty impressed!



Some of Tylers family at the shower...




A few girls from my work that came! Who knew "Sizzling Platter" could have so many fun girls to work with? I spend more time at work then I feel like I do at home so I'm happy I have them!


I can't believe how close we are getting to having our baby! Only about five weeks left and counting. We are getting so excited to meet her and see what she looks like. We always wonder if she will be bald, blonde, or somehow have alot of brown hair? We still dont have a name picked out but are narrowing down the list!


I wanted to see if any of you have any advice of things we do need or dont need to buy before she comes! There are so many things I've heard we should get... boppy, bouncer, bumbo, etc. Any other ideas? Any secrets to help the first few months be a little easier? Any information you can give is helpful! :)

10 comments:

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Jaimee! You look Darling in those pictures!! I cant believe only 5 weeks left!! Time flew... FOR ME :)

Amber said...

You look darling prego! I can't believe your gonna be a mommy...you will be so good. All i can say is i loved Mylicon...it helped my baby's with their upset tummies. i wish they would have had Bumbos when i had my kids, those are so neat. Good luck with everything!

Team Allen said...

cute jaim! You look cute in every picture. Of course. So glad I could be there at both showers and get to experience the fun on the other end this time. I can't wait!

Cierra said...

what a perfect shower! that blanket that ali made is adorable! and you look as cute as ever...

for me, the best thing to have were swaddling blankets! my mom brought some with her when she came to help me out, and they turned out to be lifesavers! they have velcro so that baby doesn't bust her arms out and sleeps better and longer. it helped kailea a lot...in fact, she still sleeps in a swaddle. (which may be a downside...i may have to "wean" it from her eventually) but that's my 2 cents!

Rondell said...

Put them cuppy cakes up in my mouth!

the Virgins said...

cute shower! I am sad I didnt make it to either one!! you look cute as ever prego, I can't even tell you have a belly from the front haha I have to agree on the swaddling blankets, they are the best! And I also highly recommend the boppy!! You are going to be such a cute mommy, I cant wait to see her! Good luck girl!
ps. did you get my voicemail?

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Congrats- you are darling! Can't wait to see your sweet babe!

I feel like less is more because there is so much baby crap out there and every kid is different. I was so glad that we didn't buy most of the stuff I was eying and thinking was essential when I was pregnant because when you live in a smaller space, it fill up fast. We totally used a little bouncer chair that vibrated, we took the bumbo back- Gemma hated it, and didn't try the boppy- all a matter of preference.

I would say to stick to the essentials before they get here- onesies, burp rags, soft jammies, blankets- swaddling blankets are great because they like to be all wrapped up, oxy clean spray to get out all the yellow poop stains (works wonders on that stuff), a good breast pump if you are breastfeeding.

Sorry, that was kind of long winded... :) good luck, you will be great.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That was such a fun shower! You got a lot of darling stuff. She is going to look so adorable in all those sweet little outfits. You are going to have so much fun dressing her up like a little doll! I'm so glad we got to come. The whole weekend was awesome!

The Nannie Family said...

wow, only 5 weeks left. It will go quick.
Ali and Karen did a great job. It was nice so many people were there.

Sue said...

It was so fun to come and visit with you and Tyler last week. From what I've seen, it looks like you have a ton of great stuff. I agree with the girl, who said "less is more". It really isn't that hard to run out to Target or Walmart if you find you really need something. However, with that being said, the one thing we have LOVED at our house is our swings. We have ones where the boys can lay all the way down, so they like taking naps in them. They have been lifesavers, I think they love the rocking motion. So depending on how your little girl sleeps/naps, you might want to look into one of those.
We'd still love to have you two over for dinner, so we need to plan on that before the baby comes. Hope you had a great time in Las Vegas.