Sunday, January 31, 2010

El Paso!


Last week my mom, Ashley, and I got to take a trip to El Paso to go see my long lost brother and his two little kids. We hadnt seen Josh or Olivia in over a year and a half, and I had never even met little Henry! They are the cutest kids. Its wierd how much I love them for only having met them a few times!


We would take at least 3 pictures to get one where the kids were looking at the camera or to get us to look at the camera. This is one of the best we could get..


One afternoon Josh took us to Fort Bliss where he was working while Monica babysat for us. It was so fun to be with us three again, it had been way too long! Josh is only 18 months older than me and Ash is 14 months younger so we were all really close growing up! We got to see all the places Josh has worked and lived in the last 3 years. He is moving to Austin to a different base in two weeks because he is leaving for Afghanistan in March.


This is Henry. He loves food! Whenever food was around he'd have as much as possible stuffed in his hands and even more stuffed in his mouth. When we first got there he was crying alot and would only go to Josh but by the end of the first night he warmed up to all of us. It made me so excited for my little baby!

Josh bought Henry and Olivia these little outfits for Olivias birthday party. It was princess themed because she loves princesses. They both looked sooo cute. There was a giant princess pinata that they bought for the kids to hit but at first Olivia didnt like the idea of bashing in her lifesize princess. It was pretty funny when it actually started happening we thought she would start bawling but she actually was okay with it until a little boy at the party put the princess face on like a mask and ran around the house with it.

Olivia is the typical girly girl. She is so prissy and proper. Anytime you talk to her she talks in a whisper but she is so sweet! She loved grandma and for the first day thought I was grandma for some reason. We didnt know if it was because of my white hair or I was the first person she saw off the plane but by then end she realized who her grandma really was!

It was a really good trip but it made me miss them even more!

6 comments:

Brittany and Everett said...

Jaimee I just found your blog and it makes me miss you! It was fun reading about what's new with you guys. And it looks like you had a good visit wih Josh, his kids look so much like him, like little junior Josh's, haha. They are adorable.
luvs

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Oh Jaim Josh's kids are so dang cute! They look like him! haha I bet that trip was so much fun! And you can hardly even tell your pregnant in the pictures!!!

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

His kids are so cute. They really do look so much like him. You guys looks sooo good in all the pictures. And by the way, hats off to your mom because I am going crazy with my two girls and they are two years apart. I can't imagine having them even closer and I would have another one that would have just been born. Oh my gosh it makes me scared just to think about. I miss you and I missed you at Jenna's shower. Call me and let me do something for yours. I would love to make anything!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I'm so glad you guys got to do that trip! I'm sure it meant a lot to Josh to have you all there! He has some cute kids!!!

love you,
Susan

Paul and Joni said...

I'm sure you get this all the time, but you and your sis could be twins! Thats crazy how similar you look.

:) JONI

Moore Family said...

Your niece and nephew are so WAY cute! Sounds like you had a great trip. Was it nice and warm there? I need some warm and sun right now!