Thursday, November 20, 2008

the Ebay Experience

Ali tagged me to do this photo thing. Here is how you do it.

The rules are:
1. Go to your pictures
2. Upload 4th picture of 4th folder
3. post and explain the picture

I was nervous to see what picture ended up being the 4th one in the 4th folder and when I saw it I just started laughing. This folder of pictures was actually called "ebay"


This little set here of Italian man dishes were a gift from our wedding. Not that we didnt love the set but we realized a year and a half after we had been married that the box hadn't been open and was taking up too much storage space. At the time I didnt have a job and so I decided to help Tyler our with the income a little and start selling things on ebay. I had never done it before but its harder than it looks. I put some of my school books on there for about 40 bucks and this set of dishes for 30 and a few other things. I checked all the time but never got one bid on anything. I took tons of pictures and posted everything but no one ever bid because I guess you have to sell everything for like 2 dollars! When Tyler told me that I decided it wasnt worth it and havent been a fan ever since.

I guess the moral of the story is that we still have this wonderful set of dishes. If anyone wants to buy them I could cut you a pretty good deal!

8 comments:

Moore Family said...

I've never had good luck with selling things on ebay either, however I do just fine buying things off of there.

Adam & Kenzie said...

Ha ha. That's so funny that no one even made a bid!! You crack me up. Ya so this weeks One Tree was the most ridiculous thing ever!! So freaking boring! I couldn't believe it. My sister and brother in law are in town so we'll prob spend the weekend with them but give me a call if you guys make any plans and I'll see what we can do! :) Miss ya!! Can't wait to go play again!

Paul and Joni said...

I was about to give you props for arranging your dishes so beautifully with sliced bread on the side and olive oil in the background...then I realized it was probably a picture from the box because you could see the flash from the camera...haha. If it wasn't the box then you have a knack for presenting dishes :)

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That is a funny story. I hear you can sell lots of stuff on Craig's List. You should try that next time.

Chris and Jordan said...

So what other kind of pictures do you have on your computer if you were nervous to see what it was, haha jk! I'm sorry no one bid on your dishes!

The Davis Family said...

Your so funny! Im bummed you couldnt make it down today. Once you guys get back from AZ lets do something...like we talked about maybe the 5th? Anyways. Hope you two are doing good!

The Davis Family said...

Hey! We were talking yesterday..sometime in December we need to have you and Tyler and Ashley and Sean over to our place and play games or movies or something!!? You down?

The Awesome Allens said...

Hey guys!! It was fun hanging with you this weekend! :) We should do it again sometime. We could plan a little trip or something. Mucho love!