Saturday, April 24, 2010

baby Sophie's here!

This last week has been completely crazy, but one of the best weeks of my life. Sophie Grace was born Monday, April 19th at 1:12 pm, weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and is absolutely perfect! Sunday morning I woke up with some contractions and had the feeling she would be coming within the next few days. Tyler and I had just gone to a birthing class and tour at our hospital on Saturday, and then Sunday night we were back in to have our baby! When we went in on Sunday they actually sent us home even though I was dialated to a 3 and having contractions about 4-5 minutes apart. Little did I know that those contractions were nothing compared to the ones that came later! I woke up at about 4 in the morning to some really bad contractions and we decided to head back to the hospital! Getting all the stuff ready to go to the hospital is pretty crazy. It is such a wierd feeling to realize when you come back home we would have a baby with us.



After getting the epidural everything went really fast and the whole thing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Tyler was so supportive and talked me through the whole thing. He described Sophie's head coming out as a "giant purple brain", which kind of worried me a little bit but she did turn normal colored. She is so sweet and tiny and I want her to stay tiny forever! We were both so in love with her right away.


The whole labor process is really a miracle. It was so special for me when my baby came out and they handed her to me to look down and see such a perfect little human being. Right away I was bawling (and pretty much havent been able to control my crying ever since) and I looked at Tyler and he was crying and it really was just one of my favorite moments. I am so grateful that everything worked out so good and that she is healthy and we have a little family now.


First family picture together

One thing I will never forget is the second night at the hospital I was really overwhelmed, exhausted, sore, and getting frustrated with the nursing situation. I started feeling like I couldnt do it all by myself when I remembered that I dont have to I have Tyler to help me with everything. Tyler decided he would try to squish onto the hospital bed with me to make me feel better and so we could be by each other. It made me feel so much better and I love him so much. It was pretty funny the next morning when the nurse came into introduce herself and Tyler was crammed onto the little bed with me! I have the best husband.


Me with my little sophie

By Wednesday morning we were so ready to bring her home. It felt so good to come home after being at the hospital and having a nurse or doctor come in about every hour. She slept so much better here and seemed happier all around. Being at the hospital stressed me out not having any privacy and having so many things thrown at you at once. She looked so tiny in her carseat!


Tylers mom got this perfect picture of Sophie with her hands folded. Somehow she got her little fingers folded together all by herself! This picture is precious.

Tyler is such a cute dad. He comes home from work and heads for baby right away. Somehow he always seems like he can calm her down. She already loves her daddy.


We have taken so many pictures the past few days I had to just put my very favorites. I love this one with her eyes open. She is so fun when she is wide awake just looking at us.

I am so grateful to have such good friends and family that have helped us and came to visit! We love you all!

20 comments:

the Virgins said...

Jaim she is just perfect! She is so dang cute! I am glad everything went so well for you with the delivery. I want to come meet little Sophie in person :) Miss you!

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

I don't want to say that this post made me baby hungry... but it did. I love her. She is so beautiful and peaceful. I love the feeling that is there when a newborn comes home. They are so sweet. Just hold her all day. I love newborns. I am going to come down and see you within a couple of weeks. I want to meet her so bad. In some of the pictures she looks just like you and in others she looks just like Tyler. Well then I was looking and I think that you guys look alike. Congratulations and enjoy every second!

Paul and Joni said...

awesome guys! We are so happy and a little bit jealous everything went so perfectly. When its all said and done, the most important thing is that you have a beautiful, healthy little girl. Congrats to you both. Joni wanted to stop by and say hi but you were sleeping and she remembers how important rest is. Hope to meet her someday soon.

Paul

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Those are such adorable pictures of Sophie. I love her so much and am so proud of your sweet little family.

The Davis Family said...

So adorable. I don't think she could get any cuter. She is such a girl. It was good seeing you guys yesterday. Sounds like you guys love being back home and parents. I love that Tyler got in your little hospital bed with ya--Tony did the same thing. Its so amazing to look at the little ones and know that its both of you and they are just perfect. I am so excited for all the babies in our family and for them to grow up together. Cant wait to see you all again.

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Oh Jaimee I have been waiting for pictures and Im so glad they're up! SHE IS ADORABLE! I cant wait to meet her. I hope that everything is still going good. You sure look good in your pictures... Why am I not surprised :) Congrats to you all! Love ya!

Cierra said...

congrats!!!! oh you guys, i am SO happy for you! sophie is a doll! so glad the delivery went so smoothly and you are all healthy and happy. so cute that tyler snuggled up on the hospital bed with you...alfredo did that with me for a bit too. :) and hang in there with the whole nursing thing...it was very frustrating for me at first too. i am so excited that you're a mommy now!

Following a Mentor said...

Ahhh I love your post and these pictures. Everyone says how being a parent is the most exhausting/overwhelming/hardest thing but at the same time the best and most wonderful....but it's funny how it's pretty much like that from the VERY beginning. Little Sophie is lucky to have you and Tyler for parents. I LOVE the picture with her hands on her chest and her fingers laced together. So Sweet. I love little girls :) I want to bring Charlotte over so we can take pictures of them together. Let me know when your up for it. Love ya

Following a Mentor said...

Whoops I guess I'm on one of Chase's weird blogs but ya it's me Jenna

The Nannie Family said...

Great job,Jaimee. She is so cute. Tyler, you a great husband and dad. We are so happy for you.

The Nannie Family said...

Way to go Jaimee. Sophie is such a doll. You are such a cute little family. Tyler way to go on being a great dad and husband.

The Nannie Family said...

sorry didn't show it posted the first time now you got 2.

Skye said...

Congrats!!!! She is a doll and looks just like you! I am so happy everything went so smoothly! you and tyler will be the best parents ever!

Danielle and Brian said...

congrats congrats! I am so glad that things went well and she is one beautiful little gal!

tiana said...

She is adorable! I'm so happy for you and your new little family. I hope I can see her sometime soon. Congrats!

Kurt and Michelle said...

She is so beautiful! I totally agree, you can't do it alone, that's why you marry a great guy, they make great dads!

Moore Family said...

Congratulations! Sophie looks beautiful and you will make great parents, I'm sure.

We'd love to come visit you guys sometime or have you over for dinner at our place. We've thought about coming to visit but decided to wait until things settle down a bit. I'm sure you've been busy with lots of family and friends around.

Anyway, we love you guys and hope to see you soon.

Glen and Kendi

Brittany and Everett said...

Jaimee this melted my heart to read. It made me reflect how I felt when Everett and I brought little Des into this world, together. All the sudden we were a family. A little angel baby ours forever, it truly is a precious moment. That is so sweet of Tyler to get into one of those small hospital beds with you. My 6"4 husband actually did the same, schocked the nurses a bit as well. I remember feeling so overwhelmed as well, thinking I would have to do it alone. But I didn't and Everett has been that same wonderful supportive husband and father ever since. As Tyler will be! It's a beautiful thing; Father, mother, child-family. You are beautiful and so is baby Sophie! I am so happy for you!

Brittany and Everett said...

by the way...did you know my little sister Sophie's middle name is Grace? Such a beautiful name!

Melecia said...

She is such a cute baby and I'm glad she is healthy and a wonderful baby. You guys are a cute "little family" now. Congrats and we love Sophie!