Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day weekend


This Mothers Day weekend we got to go home to Rexburg. We hadn't visited since Christmas so it was really fun to get away and see everyone again. I love when all my sisters are together, its like a constant girls weekend plus Tyler who is my favorite person in the world. It doesnt get any better than that!!

On Saturday me and Ashley went with my mom and her sisters and my grandma to the Home Show in IDaho Falls. It is their tradition to all go to that and go to lunch on Mothers day and I'm happy I can finally join them! While we were gone Abby and Tyler went our for Pizza and went to the arcades for a few hours. I think Tyler gets as into it as Abby because he kept puting in quarters until they had landed on the "jackpot" four times and ended up with hundreds of tickets. Abby was in heaven!


When I got home we played tag outside for a while. All we had to work with was a razor, a pair of rollerblades, a rip stick, and Abby's wheelie shoes. I think it was the highlight of our trip though. Emily was a little monster on the razor!

Saturday night was Emily's prom. Emily looked SO pretty (even prettier than the picture.) We all got to rush around helping her get ready and making her date feel awkward with us taking a bunch of pictures.


On Saturday morning we woke up and went to Abby's last volleyball tournament. She is the littlest one on her team, but she is actually pretty good! I was surprised she could serve overhand over the net which is way better than me by now. She is so cute and fun I wish we could see her so much more. (Nice touch to the picture with the Mens bathroom sign...)



Since it was Mothers Day I think I should say that I really do have the best Mom in the world! She works so hard, some days I have no idea how she does it. She really has been such a good example to me of being a good mom. She would sacrifice anything for us kids. Love ya mom!



On our way home on Sunday we went to see Tylers grandma Griff who was feeling really sick. When we got there we were really sad and surprised to see that she was really not doing too well. A couple hours after we got there, Grandma Griff passed away. She was laying in her bed in her house, with most of her kids and grandkids there. We know she is happy to be with her husband now. She was the cutest little lady and lived a wonderful life!

8 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That's a nice blog. You guys had a great trip to Rexburg! I love home tours!! That's so fun that Tyler and Abby had so much fun together. I love the picture of the girls on wheels! Emily looks beautiful for her prom!! I love that picture of Grandma Griff and Tyler. She was a wonderful, special lady and she will be missed. I know she's well and happy now!

love you two,
Susan

The Nannie Family said...

Wow, what a weekend. It's great that you got to spend time with your family and that you got to see Grandma Griff before she passed.
Keep up the fun.

Kaeli & Kyle said...

What a fun weekend! Tell you Mom , Hi! I miss your cute family!

Chris and Jordan said...

Your weekend looks fun, you always look so cute in your pictures! That is sad about Tyler's grandma, but happy at the same time that she will be with her husband now.

Ryan and Ali said...

I wish that i had a bunch of sisters to hang out with, it looks like so much fun! I am also a big fan of going through houses.

See you guys in two days. Love Ya!

The Davis Family said...

Jaimee--I love your post! Im so glad you had a good weekend. Im excited for sunday for you guys to come down. :) We miss you guys.

Adam & Kenzie said...

You guys have the cutest little family! Saw Grandma this weekend! Love her! And yes, I was so excited when I heard Lenka on the Hills! So proud of our girl. Then I heard her on the radio in the Buckle and I was like a proud mama! Her concert was def different than Brit's. I don't know which one was better. I still just can't get over how good Lenka sounds live. It is the exact same! Nothing could beat that I dont think! We need to freaking hang out ASAP!!! I'm SERIOUS!!!! CALL US!!!!!!!!!!!

the Virgins said...

sounds like you had fun in Rexburg you lucky dog! I LOVE going home to visit!! You have such a cute family :)