Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day weekend!


I am SO happy that summer is finally here. I think I love summer more than anyone. Its really not quite the same when working full time, but I still love it! This Memorial Day weekend was so nice. Tyler had it in his mind that he really wanted to go camping but we were kind of worried it would rain on us or it would be too packed everywhere we went. So we went to Cherry Hill, which is an older water park/campground.

It was pretty nice on Saturday, but did end up raining on us a little bit when we were camping out. We were worried cause our tent was really cheap and we thought it would leak but it didnt. We watched a half of a movie (til the laptop died), played cards, and went out for ice cream. I dont know if that is even considered camping but it was fun!

Tyler is obsessed with barbecuing. He wanted to BBQ on Friday night when we bought the grill, Saturday night, and Monday night! Luckily we only had it twice but it was delicious. This is totally him in his element.. I love this pic of him!

On Monday we went up to Spanish Fork lake with my Dad and step family. It was actually really hot and nice to lay out on our tubes. We ended up drifting clear out and luckily we had Garrett there to paddle us across the whole thing. I dont think more than five drops of water splashed on me the whole time, which was exactly how i wanted it.


Afterwards, another BBQ... we were all pretty fried! Yay for skin cancer.


On a side note, Nikki my step sister, does hair and nails. She did my cute glitter gel toes and they are super cute!! My foot looks a little disfigured in this picture but they are a knockout! Oh how i love them.


Last but not least, I had to put this picture up. Tyler makes everything a competition (yes usually with himself) but he wanted to see if he could jump from the swing over the chips to the grass. It was pretty far and I didnt think he could do it until he was swinging so high the swingset almost popped out of the ground and then he flew and almost hit his face on the cement. He did make it though, and this is him mid air. Hes even got the form down!

13 comments:

The Davis Family said...

I love the post! Besides the fact I look like shiz in the last picture. ha Fried and tired. It was so much fun this weekend! We love hanging out with you guys. :) I went to a bridal shower up past lagoon today and it made me want to go that much more. We need to go soon!!

Adam & Kenzie said...

You guys are so stinking cute!!! Looks like you had a way fun weekend! Call us ASAP!!!! Lets do some stuff!

Anonymous said...

tyler's grill is so sweet! i need to get me one of those... soon. we need to double soon again by the way... pencil us in.

Kyle and Michelle said...

How fun of a weekend! I agree with Kenzie we need to get together we should a go do something fun!

Cierra said...

haha when i read "mattlenio"'s comment that "tyler's grill is so sweet" i automatically thought of the gangster teeth "grills" and was like "wait. what?? did i miss that picture??" haha

your floating devices look amazing! so comfy! that is the life for sure...

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I'm so glad you went camping! Going out for ice cream while camping sounds like the perfect camping trip to me! Looks like you had a really fun weekend. So good to have fun breaks like that from your jobs! I'm scared that Tyler is going to really hurt himself in one of his stunts! Glad he made it--his form does look good!

See you in a few days!

Love,
Susan

The Nannie Family said...

Good form, Tyler. You are one brave dude or crazy! I love that picture of you by the grill. I love camping, glad you could go. The water park and lake looked fun.

Moore Family said...

That's my type of camping. Looks like fun, especially when it's just the two of you. Very very jealous!

So when are we going to see you guys again? In August? Sad huh!

Ryan and Ali said...

Man, what a fun filled memorial day weekend! I really wish Ryan and I could have come camping with you two. That's one of my favorite things to do, and it's been a really long time.

The boys are going golfing tomorrow i guess... Sure wish we could get together too!

Kaeli & Kyle said...

You guys are SO cute! haha You look like you had usch a fun weekend!
And I heard that Ashley is getting married, Thanks for confirming it in your comment haha.
Id LOVE to show you some of those books. Theres a wedding package deal going on right now too. I can send you the information if you'd like.
When will you be home next??

Brittany Kaaiakamanu said...

That water park looks fun! I wish we had one around here. I use decorator bags with tips to make different styles of frosting on the cupcakes. Its really easy.

Chris and Jordan said...

Cute toes Jaim, they look like fun! I started laughing when I read "Yay for skin cancer!" I'm horrible about sunscreen. Anyway, the selling is going really well actually and we like it here. Much better then last summer!

Paul and Joni said...

Thats totally our favorite thing to do too, camping, bbq's and hangin with friends. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months