Monday, July 11, 2011

My favorite stage!

I have been LOVING the stage Sophie is in right now and don't want her to get any bigger! She is getting to be so much fun. I need to be better about writing down all the fun stuff she does. I love to see her frankenstein walk around the house and hearing her little feet smacking the kitchen floor to come find me. I love watching her walk in circles around the living room chair acting like she has a serious purpose. I love to hear her jibberish in the backseat while Im driving. I love to show her new things and have her actually take it in and repeat them! In the last few weeks she has added alot of new words to her vocabulary. A few of my favorites are "Whereditgo?", Apple, shoe, Ippo (her pillow pet hippo), bird, Emma, and Abba. My all time favorite thing she does right now is walk over to me and grab my legs and buries her head in me to give me hugs.



A few of her favorite things right now are balloons, any and all animals, Toy Story, Yo Gabba Gabba, swimming, babies, and books.

We went to Rexburg for the 4th of July this year. It is one of my favorite holidays! A year ago from the 4th we actually blessed our sweet new baby! It will forever remind me of that special day and how much we love(d) her. There really are some things that Idaho is just more fun for, and one of them is the 4th! You would think that a baby would be really upset in the 3 1/2 hour car ride but somehow we can get Sophie laughing her head off at the most random things. This is one of my favorite things about her. She laughs and laugh so hard that she can barely breathe sometimes. I really have never seen a baby that can laugh as hard as her.

div>

Saturday morning we went boating with my friend Jenna and her family. My mom and Abby gladly watched Sophie which made it a pretty relaxing day! Unfortunately the boat had some problems about half way through, so we didnt get to stay out as long as we wanted, but it was still better than nothing!

Jenna's little girl Charlotte is a few months older than Sophie and she is hilarious! She had this life jacket on and was making the funniest faces. I dont think she could figure out why all the sudden she was so top heavy and kept falling over. She is such a good girl though, she didnt even complain once!
Sunday afternoon my mom made a nice bbq dinner and then we decided to take a drive to Warm River to see the fish and Mesa Falls. They are pretty cool to see, but Sophie was a little freaked out by the falls. She looked so worried with her eyebrows furrowed the whole time trying to figure out what was going on.

Sunday night my sister was driving through town and noticed that people had already put their chairs out for the parade so we figured, why shouldnt we? Me, my mom, and Abby (everyone else was too busy playing Call of Duty!) went and put our chairs on main street at midnight and came the next morning to find out perfect reserved spot still waiting for us! It worked out so good. Sophie loved the horses and the little girls dancing the most. She actually was really paying attention to everything almost the whole time. It was so cute.

That afternoon we had a picnic at the Sugar park with my moms whole family. We set up to play water kickball which turned out really fun! The kids- including Tyler, all loved it. It was also fun for Sophie because they had swings and lots of little cousins that like to play with her!


That night we went to the best fireworks show we've seen! If you havent been to the Idaho Falls fireworks, they are worth the drive!! They spent 13 million dollars on them this year and they were awesome! My mom stayed home with Sophie and it was fun to go out to them and walk around the shops and booths set up there. The fireworks are right above the river in front of the IF temple. It was a perfect night!
On our way home Tuesday we stopped at a Wendys that had no one there and we let Sophie walk around for a while in the parking lot. Thats where I took this cute picture! It actually makes me kinda sad cause she is looking more like a little girl than a baby now. She is getting alot skinnier now too since she has been walking and we cant get her to eat almost any regular foods! :(



This barely ever happens but I love when Sophie will just relax and fall asleep on me. Lately she has been cuddling with us alot more though and we are loving it! I think this was after church one day, I know my hair looks a little crazy but I just think she looks sooo sweet in this. Its times like these that I wish would last forever!


Tylers brother, Todd has been staying with us this summer because he is working with Tyler. Some reason Sophie is fascinated with his bedroom (our guest room). If the door is ever left open she walks in there and tries to look around or get on his bed. One day I was doing laundry and looked down the hall and she had found these shoes of his and was trying to put them on and walk around in them. She has an obsession with shoes and gets really concentrated trying to get them on. She will try to put her own shoes on her babies or dog. It looks so funny that she will laugh when I make her dog walk with her shoes on!



Last but not least, the grossest thing with her yet happened the other day! So we went to the pool in the morning and we came home and she was really tired so I put her in bed with just a diaper on. When I went in about an hour into her nap to check on her she had somehow taken her diaper off, but I still thought it looked pretty cute with her little bum up in the air. Well when I heard her awake I went into get her and she was standing there with what looked like light clay rubbing it all over the bed. Then I looked at her blankets and bedding and their were little poo balls all over them. It was sooo gross! It was even smudged all over her face and in her fingernails. I was screaming. I basically put everything straight in the wash and put her straight in the tub. About ten minutes after she was all clean and dressed again I was sitting by her on the couch and noticed a smear of poo still on her face. I was trying not to be grossed out by her but it was all just too much to handle!

4 comments:

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

She is adorable, and I am sorry but I laughed out loud at the poop story. Killing me... Glad you had a fun weekend. It was fun to see you guys!

Cierra said...

loved the update! and of course the classic poo story...oh man. i have nightmares about that happening with kailea because recently she has been taking her clothes and diaper off. i just pray she never does it during the night or a nap so that i have the same situation you had.

she's a cutie though!

p.s. my word verification is "prego," which is very much what i am right now. prego and huge. :)

Kaeli & Kyle said...

YAY for a post!!! seriously jaim she is soo cute! I love the last pic too. She looks so grown up. Sorry about the poo! lol its kinda funny tho haha.
AND we were sitting right on the next block at the parade, shoot! Wish I coulda seen ya! Glad you had a fun weekend tho!
Happy Birthday in a few days too! :)

the Virgins said...

yay for a post!! Oh my heck Sophie couldnt get any cuter, she is adorable. I can't believe how big she is getting. Looks like you have been having a fun and busy summer. That poop story is hilarious. LOL I would have freaked out!
We need to get together again. Lets all plan something soon!