Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lovin Summer!


A few months ago there was a groupon deal for cheap Seven Peaks passes... My friend Jenna lives right by it and had been trying to get me to buy one for a while, so I caved in and tried to talk a few more people into too! It has been pretty fun to have, especially when there are people there that can take turns watching Sophie so I can slide it up too! A few weeks ago we went with my dad and his wife and a few of their kids, and AShley, and Abby. Ashley as you can tell is pregnant and couldnt go on rides but she sure is a tan little prego girl! I love that picture of them both touching their chubby bellys!

This is one of the times that I can actually get Sophie to eat/drink! She wears herself out at the pool, and always falls asleep on the way home. The funny thing is all I have to do is bring a few of her favorite water toys and she will sit in the shallow part and entertain herself forevvver. I'm pretty sure she thinks she owns that shallow step at our clubhouse pool. I'm not complaining though, its nice for me!
Jenna brought her little girl over to play in the pool one day too. I love the picture below because they are both so cute in their swimsuits. It is funny to watch them play together. Charlotte is definitely the "cool" one, and Sophie is kinda the crazy one. She follows her everywhere though and they always want the same toys, of course.


A few weeks ago we took Sophie to the zoo for the first time. She loves animals, a little too much. She is not even scared of them to come up and get in her face. I think it will only take once for her to get hurt and that will all be over! Anyways, at the zoo she would just point at everything and say "whatsat? Whatsat?" We couldnt even get her to look over at the camera once for a pic.

She loves weekends when we get to hang out with daddy. Its actually really sad because Monday mornings are definitely the hardest for her. She cries and cries when he leaves. Lately she has been glaring at me when I try to take her from him when she can tell he is about to walk out. We stand in the doorway and wave bye to him and blow kisses every morning.



We have been lucky to have Abby in Utah alot this summer! She would seriously stand on her head for an hour to get Sophie to laugh. The night Abby rode the shuttle to Utah, me and Sophie went to pick her up late because Tyler had softball games. Sophie was so tired and I was worried she was going to be really cranky, it was like 9 pm. After about five minutes of Abby being in the car in the backseat with her, she had Sophie laughing and laughing so hard. They are little buddys and I think next to me and Tyler, Abby is one of the people that loves Sophie the very most! Sophie loves her "Abbum."

One thing that is really funn is for some reason Sophie loves baby things. For a while we could NOT get her to go to the day care (for an hour) at the gym. She would cry and cry. Finally one day I was shocked that they didnt come get me from my class... I walked down and looked in the big glass windows to see what Sophie could possibly be doing and she was sitting in a baby cuddle swing rocking back and forth with the biggest smile on her face. I swear she was over the weight limit even. She looked so big and it was really one of the funniest things to see. Its not just swings either, at church she sees baby car seats and tries to go sit in them with the baby. Well the other day I got this swing out to let Ashley borrow it for her new baby, (coming soon!!) and Sophie wanted to climb in it so bad. So I let her and turned out the music and she was so happy for a few minutes just being a baby again.

7 comments:

DESIGNmyheartout said...

You're the cutest mom I know!! I love you James...

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It's great to see you and Sophie on the blog again. Your adventures look fun. Summer is a great time for water and for the zoo. We can really picture your happy life.

Love, Mike

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Fun times!!

Love ya,
Susan

The Travelogue said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is getting!

Jenna said...

Loved your last few posts! You guys are such a cute lil fam! I wish the boat situation would have worked out better but I'm glad you guys came and hung out for awhile anyway! Love ya!

tiana said...

I haven't been on blogs for awhile, it was fun to look through all your pictures. She is so cute, I loved the picture of her and Charlotte in their suits too. That's so fun they are little buddies.

Brittany and Everett said...

Cute summery blog post and cute little Sophie is getting so big! I cannot wait to see her (and you) again when we get back to Provo! I don't know if I told you this or not but we are living in a hotel right now in CA and Des is LOVING the pool as well!!!