Thursday, February 3, 2011

I miss my bro!

Lately I have been starting to really wish that my brother Josh lived closer. He has missed out on so many things since he has been in Iraq and Afghanistan, and when he was here he lived clear in Texas! Living so far away from him makes me realize that I never ever want to move really far away from the rest of our family members because its too hard and expensive to see each other. He has never met Sophie and we never get to see his cute little kids either! I love them so much and have only seen them like 3 times. He is one of the funniest people I know and I just really wish we lived closer! It was his birthday recently so I have been thinking alot about him and all the fun times growing up together. It was so funny how hard he tried to annoy my parents. His one set job growing up was to water the trees in our yard, we had moved into a new house and the trees were all tiny at first and needed watering in the summer/fall. You would think this would be a fairly easy job but actually the trees outlined our whole huge yard and it was hard to drag that hose all the way around the house. I can still picture him out there trying to figure out ways to make the watering easier/faster while dressed in sweats and a hoodie in the summer time, and of course shorts and a tshirt in the colder fall weather. I am cracking up here thinking about how he dug and dug for hours out there trying to dig a canal to every tree so that if he watered in one spot it would magically drain through the canal to every tree in the yard. Sadly, that did not work!

I loved riding with him to school in the mornings. He has the worst road rage and in high school was super mean to people that got in our way. People that dont know him probably think this sounds really mean but since it was him it was so funny to watch how mad he got. My favorite year was the year we got to drop Ashley off at the Junior High. Ashley was always in the back seat with us and some reason he loved to pick on her on the way to school! Some mornings when we were rushed my mom would make us nutrimeal shakes to take with us and on our way to school Josh slammed on his brakes and Ashleys went flying all over her outfit. She wanted to go home but Josh wouldnt so we dropped her off at school with chocolate all over her outfit! Poor ASh had some bad experiences in that old white neon.





These are his cute kids! Olivia and Henry. She is a few years older than him but he weighs the same since she is the tiniest cutest little girl ever! I wish they could play with Sophie and she could get to know her first two cousins!

No one else better move away from me! It seems like so many of my friends and family members are leaving and I just want everyone to stay here!!

4 comments:

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

awh! thats so cute! i miss him too! and you guys!

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Oh JOSH! I loved Josh. He really was so stinkin funny. And that story about the nutrimeal shake is hilarious! I have some pretty fond memories of that little white neon too!!! Riding to your house nearly every day before games to take a nap with the windows fogging up! lol
I hope you can come up soon and meet Wakely! It would be so fun to see you. I am doing good, sleep deprived but good :)

Team Allen said...

haha oh my gosh I'm glad I saw this post today. I miss Josh. I still think he is funny even if I am the brunt of every joke!! I am so happy I live by you and get to babysit my little love Sophie, or Soapie. WE better keep enjoying it while it lasts!

the Virgins said...

O Josh..I miss him! Your post made me laugh..he was hilarious! His kids are too cute, they look a ton like him. Hopefully he can come home soon so he can meet his darling neice :)