Thursday, September 11, 2008

I never thought I'd say this....



I miss school. I miss having two classes a day and sleeping in and staying up and having a fun social life! It is wierd to be done and working an 8-5 job. Not that I am lazy but I've got a real adjustment ahead of me!

Lets just say after my first day of work I feel like Dupree on "You me and Dupree" in his interview. My new boss was going through vacation days and I was thinking well what about Valentines? What about the Chinese new year? ahh... and thinking "Could I come at 9 or maybe 10?" I was looking around me wondering how people looked so happy in the mornings. I have never understood the whole getting up bright and early while still being full of energy. I felt like I was the only one walking around half asleep and yawning throughout the day. I only hope it gets easier!!


I havent even said where I work yet. It is calling Sizzling Platter and its in Salt Lake, it is accounting for Little Caesars, Sizzler and Red Robin's. I went in for the interview Tuesday and already started today! It is a pretty good job and it is good experience for my Accounting degree. I think I will like it once I know what Im doing... My first day I already got some coupons from little caesars so I cant complain!

6 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again. I hope you really like your new job and can get used to working full-time. I know it can be a hard adjustment after being a student. I remember Cierra's blog after she graduated and started working--pretty much the same thoughts! You'll do great and probably make a lot of new friends at your job!

The boating trip sounded like so much fun. It will be fun for you guys to live in Salt Lake! I hope you love it!

xo,
Mom/Susan

Cierra said...

susan said it all for me.

i seriously felt the same exact way! i was so excited to graduate, and then once i did i realized the "real world" wasn't all it's cracked up to be. working full-time is NOT fun! but i guess you just get used to it after awhile...i'm still not lovin' it, but at least i have hope it won't be for forever.

p.s. i know how you feel about holidays! especially since i don't even get paid when the office is closed!

The Nannie Family said...

Good luck with your job. You'll do great. It does get easier but I never really loved going to work for 40 hours or more a week. i did it for 20 something years and I'm looking to get back to it.
It is fun meeting new people. Good luck.

The Davis Family said...

we seriously should! We dont live to far away from each other. I should get your number...How are you liking it so far? I want to come see your new place.

Kaeli & Kyle said...

JAIM! I totally know how you feel! WOrking 8-5 is so freaking long! I have been doing it since the first of February and am still SOOO ready to go home at 5:00! It does get better, but its always better to be home! :) But congrats on getting that job. Thats so neat!

Anonymous said...

Working blows...we should all get quit and travel the world with the little money we haved saved. We could sell our bodies if we ever run low on doh!! Who is in...anyone....???